Thursday, April 8, 2010

August


As upset as I am over Mama Elena's death, I am also happy I am now free from her. I'm am extremely excited about marrying John, however the birth of Rosaura's second child, Esperanza, is taking my mind off it a little. Pedro wanted to name the child after me, but I refused and named her Esperanza, which means hope. I figured this child would need some hope since she technically is Rosaura's second child, which means she would have to take on the task that I was sentenced to. Rosaura's birth was very difficult which meant she was to stay on bed rest, and I was to take care of Esperanza. I raised her the same exact way Nacha had raised me, because once again Rosaura was unable to breast feed. I can tell that this clearly made Rosaura jealous. Later Rosaura announced that she was going to follow tradition and make Esperanza take care of her until she dies. This announcement made me mad like I've never been before. And so I started preparing the meal for when John came over to proposed to me. It probably didn't help that I was furious while cooking this meal but I couldn't help it. Finally Chencha returned, which gave me a break from cooking and time to prepare for John's arrival. I jumped in the new shower outside and closed my eyes to try and escape. When I noticed the water change and get extremely hot I opened my eyes to see Pedro standing there, watching me intensely. I quickly ran in the house and changed for John's arrival. At diner, John asks Pedro for my hand in marriage, since he is the only man of the household. Pedro says yes, unwillingly. And then John turned to me and gave me one of the most beautiful diamond rings I've ever seen. He left for America that night to get his only living aunt so she was able to attend the wedding. I was in the kitchen cleaning up when Pedro came up to me saying nothing. All he did was take me aside into the room off the kitchen and he made love to me...

No comments:

Post a Comment